the allure of black & white

>> 07 July 2010


As much as I love color, there is something to be said for the power of black and white. So simple, yet so bold!

Growing up, my bedroom was always some crazy color such as "Platinum Plum" or "Pepto Pink." However, in the past few years, I've become enchanted by beautiful black and white design concepts. I love how clean and fresh the contrast feels. I love how beautifully simple black and white designs tend to be.

Another fascinating tidbit about this fab color combo is that they are truly opposites. White is the blending of all colors; black is the absence of all colors. It's like the saying goes: Opposites attract!




I'm not quite sure that I'd have the guts to paint walls black, but this room is so striking that it almost makes me want to try it!

Patterns can sometimes overwhelm, but this couch makes the perfect statement in the room.


I am having a love affair with the wall art in this kitchen. As for now, I can only dream about counter space whilst I attempt to cook in my studio apartment...


Above all, your space should make you sparkle. The beauty of black and white surely brings a smile to my cheeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP